Options for Funding

There are numerous funding options to assist in payment for both your in-home and facility based care needs. Many of our residents and recipients of in-home care utilize a combination of private funds, Long Term Care Insurance, Veteran's Administration funding, and services available via enrollment in available waivers for Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). We are qualified to accept benefits from most Long Term Care Insurance policies and will assist you in applying for and billing for eligible services.

If you are a Veteran or the spouse of a Veteran, you may qualify for the following benefit amounts:

2015 VA Benefit Maximums    
• Two Veterans/Married $2789 Monthly $33,468 Annually
• Married Veteran $2120 Monthly $25,440 Annually
• Single Veteran $1788 Monthly $21,456 Annually
• Surviving Spouse $1149 Monthly $13,788 Annually

HCBS Waivers:

  • CHOICES -"CHOICES" is TennCare's program for long-term care services for elderly (65 years of age and older) or disabled (21 years of age and older). Long-term care includes help doing everyday activities that you may no longer be able to do for yourself as you grow older, or if you have a physical disability-like bathing, dressing, getting around your home, preparing meals, or doing household chores. Long-term care services include care in a nursing home. Long-term care also includes certain services to help a person remain at home or in the community. These are called Home and Community Based Services or HCBS.

    For information on services and enrollment in the CHOICES program:
    1-866-836-6678 toll free

    Division of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) - The Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) is the state agency responsible for providing services and supports to Tennesseans with intellectual disabilities. DIDD provides services directly or through contracts with community providers in a variety of settings. These settings range from institutional care to individual supported living in the community.

    For information on services and enrollment in the DIDD waiver programs:
    1-888-531-9876 toll free

    Home Repair Resources - The Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability has a partnership with USDA Rural Development. The program offers home repair loans and grants targeted to older adults. The Section 504 Repair Loan and Grant Program is designed to help low and very-low income homeowners that are 62 years of age and older with home repairs, improvements and removal of health and safety hazards. In addition, Rural Development also provides affordable rental housing in rural communities across Tennessee and has Senior Housing Developments included in their portfolio of properties. This may be a viable option for many older Tennesseans needing safe and affordable housing. If you have any questions, please contact Anna Lea Cothron, TN Commission on Aging & Disability, (615) 770-3901 or annalea.cothron@tn.gov.